Thursday, December 5, 2013

Simple life!

Life is good today. No client or fire to fight. 

We woke up to do marketing for dinner, being inspired by 3+1! It's a dangerous show because it's on fri, so sat can test it out! Hah. So after fine tuning and changing, here's what was present:
- double fish tomato carrot soup
- Rojak pork chop with green apple salsa
- steamed marshed tofu chestnut prawn with enoki mushroom
- stir fry blanched long beans

We ended buying too much and went over budget too because the fishes (head and slices) are already $20. Quite shocked because we wanted to use fish bones but the fishmonger don't have bones anymore. Price aside, the fishes are fresh and make the soup less fishy, but I used too much water and end up too diluted.

The rojak pork chop was a twist because I changed from pineapple to green apple for my preg friend. Nevertheless it tasted pretty good except pork chop wasn't pan fried good enough. 

Tofu was surprising a hit! But long beans are just too much to finish. 

Still have some raw ingredients in my fridge I dunno how!


Baby was quite cooperative and slept from 1pm to 4pm. I manage to do 70% of the prep and cook! I am also the one who brought her to class. 

*feeling accomplished!*

No comments: