Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bintan

*Okay this is a lousy post because I am lazy to upload photos.*

Back from the trip heavy-headed. I think on the Sunday I slept too much and I became super grumpy and irritable. That totally gave this trip a lousy ending.

The Nirwana Garden resort was alright but they only gave me an hour of late checkout =( if they can give us late checkout until 3pm, it's just nice for us as our ferry is at 4.35pm.

Anywayz, I finally tried snorkeling. I like it initially but the sea-sickness got the better of me plus the the location that we snorkeled at was really not fantastic (perhaps we dunno how to explore the area). took some pics on the waterproof camera, I hope it turns out fine.

i think i developed immunity against the motion-sickness medicine that I dun feel the drowsiness =( and continue to feel as dizzy as i was before the medication.

food wise, found it hard to find cheap and nice food in Bintan. The hotel's food is over-priced, while the food at Pasar Ole Ole was no better - not nice plus tourist price tag too. We had our dinner at this Cafe Idol, wow unbelievably lousy. Perhaps we should order the worthy set dinner for two at $38 nett. Instead we order ala carte and felt quite cheated. At the bare min, don't order:
- So-called fried prawn with mayo (S$18): it's just a few pieces of prawn (perhaps max 3 and not even fried!) with mayo and fruits.
- Hotplate tofu (S$6)
- Baby kailan with oyster sauce (S$6)
Drinks wise, the Iced lemon tea is $2.50 but even someone like me who always drink very sweet stuff finds it very very sweet.

And now I know that SG pple is not the most kiasu pple but rather the ang mohs! They started to queue at the door when the ferry terminal is not even near! I can't differentiate if they are overseas ang moh or ang moh staying in SG though *chuckle*.

No comments: