Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Talent or skill? Or merely perception?

Was talking to my mentor about some disatisfaction about pay differences. So he commented "oh, if its between you and her, she is better than you". Oh well thank you. You spoiled my entire Monday evening. 

But suddenly I was inspired, despite feeling very demoralized. I feel that I can be the top if I want to. Not what he said about me being the less capable one. It still does hurt when you heard it from someone that you are less capable. But I have grew up old enough to understand that I can choose not to listen to him and continue to believe in myself. 

Now that I am nurturing my kid(s), I also wonder why do I even think that I can achieve the unachievables? I have never believe I am not talented in anyway, I only choose not to work for it. 

And happened to read this article: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5826816

It's also how my parents inculcate such values in us - to teach us to work for what we want. 

I will impart this to my daughter(s) too! Teach them how to fish and not give them give. Tell them if they want to, they can even find a Dolphin when they fish!


No comments: