Thursday, June 26, 2014

my ah mah said...

My ah mah is an awesome woman despite having a ill fate in marriage. She has ten kids (1 passed away when young). All 9 kids are very filial to her. I looked up to her teaching when it comes to guiding my own kid in life. Apart from filial piety, 8 of them earn their own keep to maintain their family while my youngest aunt marries a good man who are willing to provide for her. We are not super wealthy but most of us are very happy and at peace. Today my aunt said that my ah mah said "When your kids bring you out to eat, don't criticize and must say that the food is very good". A lot of golden words behind this simple action. When your kid bring you out to eat, it means: - he/she is willing to spend time, effort and money on you - he/she must be doing okay in life, not trying to make ends meet that kind. if he/she is struggling to make ends meet, means he/she is still willing to spend time, effort and money on you. When you said the food is good: - your kid feel happy that you like what they give you. they will feel more confident in their choice. - everyone is happy for different reasons. that's fine, you don't have to spend time investigating and voice out explicitly what makes you/he/she happy - there are more opportunities in the future that they will bring you along. So I would love to wait for a chance for my kid to bring me out. And definitely still continue to bring my parents out more often (though they always criticize on my choice :S)

No comments: