Monday, October 29, 2012

Fell and still falling sick

I always think my immunity to diseases is quite strong. My last terrible one was during P3 CNY, where I remembered I was forced to drink leng yeung (that tasted terrible) beside the toilet bowl at my grandmum's old house. I was literally vomitting that out while drinking. And my insensitive papa and mama actually brought us to Har Par Villa during one of the days I was feeling slightly better. -_____-''' I think it's because my dad hardly came home and it was CNY so everyone can't be bothered with me falling ill.

Thereafter, I don't think I have such bad times anymore. I was a more "stomachache" person - always plagued with illness associated with stomach, vomitting and headache. My younger sis was more of fever, sore throat and flu. I guess ultimately, my da jie turns out to be the strongest despite her vices indulgence.

Strangely, the older I grow, the more times I visited the doctor. Over the last few years, I seen GP at least every fortnight, to the extent that I am so scared to see the doctor now. I feel like I am making a mountain out of a molehill. Now when I am preggy, the phobia exibits. Hubby will be the one more paranoid, I would say, let's wait and see and try to avoid seeing doctor. and most of the time, I was wrong.

This time round, I deem this as my worst falling sick period again. I guess the viruses in the office did manage to penetrate through me afterall. They came in combo hits! So Thurs and Fri, I was totally knocked out. My temperature rose, so I started eating paracetamol to keep it down. Everytime I ate my med, it lowered my temp but once it's time for the next dose, temperature went up again. So have to go and visit TMC 24 hr clinic on Fri. GP again. He gave me anti-biotic, and cough med. So again, I drifted in and out of sleep.

Finally Sat, no more fever, but cough and flu stayed. So continued to sleep and wake up due to drowsy medications. Sun was pretty okay, I survived my sis's housewarming. Except my aunt kept asking me to do stuff for her. She got no sympathy to a sick preggy lady! Huhuhu..

But came Sunday night, I feel soooo unwell. My heart pumped really fast, that I can feel my pulse everywhere - even on my lips, my neck. I mean you don't really feel the thup on normal days right. When I measured my temperature on Sat and Sun, it was below the normal temp of 35.8 d.c. Together with this two symptoms, my head hurts like mad too. It freaked me out, but I am still not sure if it calls for immediate alarm though. But in the end, I dismissed all these and went to work per normal. I just hope to see my gynae soon, so that he can tell me I am okay.

to myself, please hang on for another week! At lunchtime my fever seems to be coming back. So I took one more pill of paracetamol. Hearing my friend's friend's story, I am once reminded of how careless my relative was - she was already 8 month preggy and one day she couldn't feel her baby movement. She then KIV-ed and next day went to see the gynae, only to realise that her baby's heartbeat no more. The same happened to my friend's friend. Thank god I can occassionally still feel baby moving inside. Last few days were a lil quiet but then again I am only 19/20 weeks, can't really feel all movement. I scared myself further again by reading up on dengue fever which caused miscarriage. So I guess I should be on a lil higher alert, so I called my gynae's office and see how they advised. 4 days of rest should be good enough to clear whatever virus isn't it!

No comments: