Friday, December 10, 2010

Training

I went to a three-day training course and it's very fulfilling!

Learnt techniques of dealing with humans. It's highly effective and useful even in everyday life. Seems intuitive but nobody remembers.

To my boyfriend, please listen, digest and apply.

Why do humans get frustrated? Because they wanna be heard, feel respected.

For e.g your girlfriend said "no, you don't love me".
The next thing the gf wanna hear is "why do you say so?" and she will share with you why she felt that way.

Listen and ask the right questions.

Strangely, my bf usually brushed it off as "of course not, silly". and that's it! NOOOOO, that's not the way... because you have just told your gf that "oh, shut up. You know it's not true. Stop talking". Of course she gets frustrated! you think by adding "silly", it sounds more casual? Nooooooo!

And when I throw a temper, my family will just say "see that siao char bo throwing her tigeress temper again. Just let her be lah.". Stand in my shoes, and if you hear this, how do you feel?

It's just this simple, "stand in her shoes and see the world from her perspective".

The trainer made so much sense that I hope he conducts a Dummy guide to understanding your girlfriend! I will definitely sign my bf up for this. Strangely the technique is very simple and make sense but some people just don't get it.

Please start seeing my world from my perspective.
And start treating me the way you like me to treat you. Please.

No comments: