Sunday, May 16, 2010

You

I dreamt of you last night. For some reason, you came back to us, alive.

Today, I browsed the photos in my camera and watched a video of Nana's training.

You didn't appear in the video as you never like to be during the period you fell sick.

Reality hit me, I cried badly. For I know the dream will never come through. I should have known it earlier but perhaps part of me still harbours hope that you will come back somehow - fake miracle painted in dramas and movies.

The voice I heard in the video and the hand that held onto the camera will never appear again.

I regret not spending enough time with you and even harboured thoughts of just want to be alone. I guessed that's the usual regrets people have when their loved one passed away.

I bet this feeling will come back over and over again as it had been. But today is one moment that I really felt the loss.

We have an official addition to the family yesterday, bringing the physical headcount back to five. But no matter how many more addition, we will always +1. Because nobody can replace you.

Thanks for all the great memories and awesome times we had!

No comments: