Sunday, February 21, 2010

about wedding

Haven't give much thoughts about wedding until today.

Went to a fengshui master to pick some dates for wedding and turn out that my husband-to-be actually cannot get married in 2011 (lunar calendar). Plus must be three months before or after my elder sis. So our choice were limited. Good because I am indecisive. Bad because we have to make a choice - either solemisation and/or banquet in 2010 or 2012.

The usual thing happen. At first I was cool. I thought just settle everything in 2010 and end of story. Then I start to think having a solemnisation first in 2010 then banquet (if we want) in 2012 was not a bad idea. That's it. My partner hated my indecisiveness and the bomb exploded (ignited by me).

Seriously, I am quite a last-min person. Can't make plans upfront. I do what I feel like doing at that moment and often stumbled across obstacles. A simple scenario will be meeting friends for dinner. If you date me upfront especially more than 4 pple in a group, the most likely outcome will be I put aeroplane (7 out of 10 times maybe). If you date me last min, I would be able to make it usually. Coz I dun like to have something in my calendar that makes me feel like I can't make plans for other things (despite I may not have a specific program in mind for that day). If I date people, I usually can't find anyone as random as me. But once I reach home, I would be glad to have the time for myself so it makes no difference if eventually I find a date or not.

So back to the wedding, to make plans for something like far ahead, I really can't decide!

Another thing is about my partner who just want to go around to collect the wedding brochures first for research. In fact, 2011 prices are not out yet. So I scared it's a futile effort. Plus you can't view the ballroom, the lobby can't give you an indication how the ballroom will be like. I prefer to collect information from forums and reviews, it's more accurate I personally feel.

So we had an argument. So sad, we haven't even started planning.

He gave me a feeling that he just want to settle the formalities and the normal ritual and that's it.

To me, I (suddenly) feel that a wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime (i dun wanna married for the 2nd time of coz) event. If it's just to complete the normal ritual, I rather we just have nothing. If we are going to have something, it better be something that is memorable and personalised.

So now to me, he is looking for a venue that is convenient to his guests and then draft the list of guests he is going to invite to fit in the min number of tables. I find that it serve no purpose. I rather have nothing.

Need to be on the same page and common understanding. I need to book his schedule among his busy period for a meeting about this.

No comments: